So, qualifying for Paris is complicated between now and the end of the qualifying period on 24 June, 2024.
There are only five shows as far as I know that carry this sort of status in Australia – the 2023 Brisbane CDI; 2023 Australian Dressage Championships; 2024 Willinga Park Dressage by the Sea; 2024 Dressage & Jumping with the Stars (DJWTS); and 2024 Sydney CDI. There are lots more in the northern hemisphere.
On top of these FEI qualifications, the Australian riders have to meet the Australian selection criteria. The Dressage selection criteria has just gone up on the Equestrian Australia (EA) website along with the criteria for Eventing and Show Jumping. It is really important that all Australian Dressage riders make a big effort and read this criteria.
Following is a list of who I think are the top ranked riders as of this moment. Some of these riders have not yet scored the critical 67% as required by the FEI within the qualifying period, however, there is still time. These are our top Australian scoring riders in order:
1. Jayden Brown on Willingapark Quincy B with a score of 69.804% at Hartpury CDI3* in England on the 7/07/2023.
2. William Matthew on Mysterious Star with a score of 69.174% at Exloo CDI3* in Holland on 4/05/2023.
3. Jayden Brown again on Willingapark Sky Diamond who have a score of 68.609% at Hickstead CDI3* in England on 13/05/2023.
4. Robert Schmerglatt riding Quando Queen with a score of 68.239% at Willinga Park CDI3* in Bawley Point, Australia on 24/02/2023.
5. Jemma Heran on Total Recall with a score of 67.783% at Wellington CDI3* in the USA on 16/03/2023.
6. Jessica Dertell on Syriana with a score of 67.630% at Willinga Park CDI3* in Bawley Point, Australia on 24/02/2023.
7. Charlotte Phillips riding CP Dresden with a score of 67.152% at Willinga Park CDI3* in Bawley Point, Australia on 24/02/2023.
8. Pauline Carnovale riding Captain Cooks with a score of 66.739% at DJWTS CDI-W in Werribee, Australia on 24/03/2023.
= 9. Sue Hearn riding Eminent with a score of 66.261% at Willinga Park CDI3* in Bawley Point, Australia on 24/02/2023.
= 9. Michelle Baker and Bradgate Park Puccini with a score of 66.261% at DJWTS CDI-W in Werribee, Australia on 24/03/2023.